The National Association of State Treasurers (NAST) has served on the Disclosure Industry Group (or “DIG”) since its formation in July 2019. The Government Finance Officers Association first convened the cross-organization working group to find market-driven solutions to issues in the area of municipal disclosure.
The considerations were developed to provide guidance to issuers on timely disclosure. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on all municipal governments and their respective economies highlights a need for accurate, timely, and responsive municipal disclosure.
The paper contains eight considerations including:
- Material Event Filings
- Know Your Annual Disclosure Filing Dates
- Making Annual Continuing Disclosure Filings
- Good Investor Relations
- Determining Whether and/or When to Make Voluntary Disclosure Filings
- Presenting COVID-19 Voluntary Disclosure Information
- EMMA Filings
- Post-Issuance Compliance for Tax Law Purposes
Both NAST and the State Debt Management Network as proud to join this document, and hope it serves as a resource for both state debt issuers and the local issuers with whom they work.